Placing a new system in live operation or modifying an existing one can often lead to unwanted surprises. With incompatible browsers, new tools, rapidly changing technologies and uncooperative web sites, the end result of your hard work can be a guessing game. This course will help you minimize the risks – whether launching a new web or mobile application, or an entire web site.
You will gain a thorough understanding of how to test the basic controls, content, navigability, and features of your web site or your web or mobile application – in a workable, real-world environment. We also go beyond the basics and discuss the “ilities” – multiple dimensions of web and mobile quality – such as how to check compatibility, performance, security, usability, interoperability, and operational effectiveness.
- Establish and manage a web-based development & testing lab
- Test features, content, and navigability
- Choose software tools and techniques you can immediately integrate into your web-based systems testing
- Check the adequacy of security controls, minimizing vulnerability to threats
- Test the usability of your application interfaces
- Assess the response time, throughput and availability (load performance/stress)
- Ensure systems work with all users’ browsers and platforms (compatibility)
- Conduct tests to determine the user-friendliness of your web site, and significantly reduce user errors and confusion
- Apply web testing techniques to mobile applications, and test the unique characteristics of Mobile applications
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information