This one-day course provides tools and awareness about key issues related to an increasingly diverse workforce. This workshop uses a series of video case studies, which provide an opportunity to analyze real-life situations, discuss them, and then watch as employees handle them effectively.
- Know how to avoid terms that may be offensive to racial, religious, and national origin groups.
- Understand why certain jokes, which may be defined as friendly bantering, cross the line.
- Understand issues related to speaking languages other than English at work.
- Know how to work in multi-generational work groups.
- Know the difference between EEO, Affirmative Action, and valuing diversity.
- Recognize diversity issues when they occur.
- Know how to talk about and resolve issues related to workplace diversity.
Get Course Information