This three-day SharePoint course is a comprehensive and detailed discussion about the proper techniques for deploying SharePoint by focusing on how to build and maintain proper Governance. This class begins by ensuring that each student understands what SharePoint is and the business proposition for the enterprise collaboration platform. This course is an in-depth discussion into the business case and ROI of SharePoint and how to tie SharePoint to your company vision. Class dives into Governance by teaching students the value of proper Governance planning, deployment and ongoing support. Students will define a vision for SharePoint and will work together on exercises designed to give a real-world understanding of the steps required when building the team as well as answering the critical questions.
Students will be introduced to all of the features of SharePoint and the considerations around each as they relate to Governance. While the class will focus mainly on SharePoint features, the class is also relevant regardless of the SharePoint version that is deployed. The class dives deeply into the most important considerations for business as well as operational decisions that need to be made to guarantee a successful SharePoint deployment.
This class is designed for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 365 users. Labs are conducted in SharePoint 2016.
- Key components of SharePoint: Lists, Libraries, permissions
- In-depth understanding of the Social features and their value
- The importance of Governance
- How to form a Governance team and manage its success
- How to ask the right questions of the key players
- How to complete a Governance checklist
- Steps to engaging users with a SharePoint User Group Community
- Getting teams onboard with SharePoint – Showing value to drive engagement
- How to guarantee SharePoint is secure
- How to show the value of the Enterprise Collaboration features
Who should attend
Any individual participating in the planning, deployment, and adoption phases of SharePoint would benefit from this class. Preferably students will have at least basic SharePoint knowledge or experience.
Specific Titles of Potential Attendees:
- SharePoint Governance Lead
- IT business analysts
- Key SharePoint stakeholders
- SharePoint Deployment
- Project ManagersSite Owners
This class is for SharePoint 2013, 2016, and Office 365 Users.
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information