This 1-day course teaches staff at all levels how to write emails, memos, letters, and other documents that are clear, concise, correct, coherent, and complete. The course consists of two, 3 -hour sessions, to be scheduled in one full or two half days. As an option, staff may schedule a 20-minute individual meeting with the instructor—to provide specific suggestions for writing improvement. Individual meetings will be held the day following the classroom portion of the course. All course participants are asked to provide samples of their writing to be discussed during the individual meetings.
- Write effective emails, memos, letters and other documents.
- Make the purpose of the email, memo, or letter clear at the beginning of the correspondence.
- Get to the point quickly and concisely.
- Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases.
- Organize and present information logically.
- Choose the style that conveys the appropriate tone to the reader.
- Ensure that grammar, punctuation, and spelling are correct.
- Make sure all the necessary information is included.
Course Length: 1 day plus a 20-minute individual coaching session for each course participant
- A customized workbook, to include examples of email, letter, memo, and report formats; exercises based on participants’ writing samples; and examples of correct emails, letters, memos, and reports, based on current business style guidelines.
- [Optional] Checking Your Grammar reference book.
Get Course Information