This PMP training course is not just a test prep course. Learn Project Management using the context of the PMI® Process Groups through skills-based training developed using a proven methodology to meet your PMP goals. Study exam topics through the lens of the Ten Knowledge Areas while developing and reinforcing real-world project management skills.
The first part of this PMP and CAPM® training course leads you through the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups. It teaches project management the way it’s practiced, from start to finish. This methodology builds on your existing knowledge base to enable you to adopt the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI, and build real-world project management skills. The second part of the course examines the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Ten Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization are an integral part of this section.
This PMP/CAPM course also offers in–class practice exams to help you learn not only the project management knowledge, but also the nature of the Project Management Professional exam, the types of questions asked, and the form the questions take. Through practice exercises you will gain valuable information, learn how to rapidly recall important facts, and generally increase your test–taking skills.
PMI, PMP, CAPM and, PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understand how to use Earned Value Analysis to keep a project on–budget and on–time
- Clearly define the scope of a project and effectively manage it throughout the project’s life
- Learn calculation concepts – not just formulas – that allow the answering of computational questions, no matter how they are presented
- Minimize the risk of a project through proper risk management and response planning
- Learn the fundamentals of stakeholder analysis and how to manage stakeholder expectation
- Learn key Procurement terms, concepts, and calculations such as Privity, the Risk profiles of different contracts, and Point of Total Assumption
- Learn the five process groups that form the basis of the project management life cycle
- Understand the ten knowledge areas and how they apply to each of the process groups
- See how to properly fill out the Project Management Professional examination application
- Satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the PMP examination
Who should attend
If you are in IT where PMs skills are becoming a necessity or if you are interested in or planning to get your PMP certification, you must take this PMP Boot Camp course. The PMP® certification is a great tool for:
- Project Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Outsourcing Professionals
- QA Managers/Directors
- Application Development Managers/Directors
- Business Analysts
- Systems Analysts
- Systems Architect
This course is available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom
Get Course Information