In this two-day course, you will learn techniques for cultivating workplace relationships, building employee engagement and productivity, and delivering effective workplace feedback. After you complete this workshop, you will be able to
- Understand the role of feedback and open communication in adult learning and motivation.
- Understand the effect of workplace satisfiers and dissatisfiers on employees’ productivity.
- Apply the principles of effective workplace feedback.
- Practice giving and receiving workplace feedback using the BEER Model (Behavior, Effect, Expectation, Recap), as well as practice having engagement conversations.
- Design effective, targeted rewards.
- Determine when and how to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Set personal leadership goals for the year.
Five key ideas connected with being an effective supervisor:
- We tend to mirror the behavior of the effective supervisors we have had in our own careers.
- An employee’s workplace satisfaction and tenure are closely tied to the quality of the employee’s relationship with the supervisor.
- You can take immediate and cost-free steps to begin talking to employees in a deep and meaningful way that will affect the quality of their work and their workplace satisfaction.
- Employees want and need feedback to ensure they are hitting the right targets and continually improving.
- Rewards help build strong workplace relationships.
Get Course Information