Requirements elicitation is one of the most challenging activities for business analysis. Because the requirements serve as the foundation for the solution to the business needs it is essential that the requirements be complete, clear, correct, and consistent. Leveraging proven means to elicit requirements will help meet these quality goals. Requirements elicitation involves identifying sources of requirements, as well as identifying the methods to draw out requirements from these sources. A crafty business analyst will ensure that the stakeholders collaborate on the requirements and design, ensuring consistent scope is maintained. This course will cover techniques for elicitation and collaboration with your stakeholders.
This 3-day course will provide a standardized process that will be customized through the use of a variety of elicitation and collaboration techniques.
- Determine the most effective elicitation / collaboration technique based on the situation you face
- Learn to receive information effectively
- Understand the pros and cons for a variety elicitation / collaboration techniques
- Appreciate the challenges of stakeholders providing the information
- Walk away with templates for performing business analysis tasks
- You will have requirements elicitation / collaboration techniques to incorporate in your day-to-day work life
- Recognize stakeholder non-verbal cues and flex your approach appropriately
- Understand the impact of trust on requirements elicitation and collaboration
- Ways to build trust quickly
- Minimize the risk of missing requirements
Please contact us for a detailed course outline. This course may be available in our Public Schedule.
Get Course Information