Students attending this course will be pleasantly surprised to see the first ever 5-day course dedicated to data-related concepts. With strong emphasis on n-Tier development in a service oriented world this course covers an extreme depth of database concepts including how they fit into an enterprise solution. Real-world scenarios are discussed and attacked with a rich set of much awaited technologies in what is already proving to be the best implementation of data services to date. Attendees will learn through hands on exercises and insightfully led discussions of topics surrounding LINQ, the Entity Framework, occasionally-connected systems, Entity Data Models, Multi User Scenarios and WCF Data Services.”
This course is intended for professional .NET software developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. They will have experience implementing data access and data binding within their Web and/or Windows client applications and are interested in learning to optimize data access code in their applications by using the Entity Framework, LINQ, and ADO.NET. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or newer releases of the Visual Studio product. The audience has some experience using Visual Studio 2010 for either Windows client or Web application development.
What You’ll Learn:
- Evaluate a variety of business cases, and then select an appropriate combination of data access technologies and tools most appropriate to each case. Describe the roles of Entity Framework,WCF Data Services, and ADO.NET for building and maintaining applications. Use LINQ on top of these technologies to improve productivity and the quality of their applications.
- Use the tools provided with the Entity Framework to map the conceptual model used by the business logic of an application to the logical data model provided by a database.
- Query an Entity Data Model (EDM) by using common methods such as LINQ to Entities, Entity SQL, and the classes in the EntityClient namespace.
- Perform data modification tasks on data in an EDM.
- Explain the function of the Object Services model implemented by the Entity Framework and the support provided by the Object Services API for addressing the issues faced by enterprise applications that have to handle multiple concurrent users simultaneously accessing the same data .
- Describe best practices for designing and building a scalable, optimized data access layer by using Object Services.
- Customize and extend entities with their own business logic and use advanced mappings to shape the data model to their business and application requirements.
- Reuse existing business classes in a data access layer built by using the Entity Framework.
- Address the architectural issues that can arise when building an n-tier enterprise application by using the Entity Framework.
- Build extensible solutions that can update data in an n-tier enterprise application by using the Entity Framework.
- Access offline data or data that that has limited availability in client applications.
- Design, develop, and consume a simple WCF Data Service.
- Use WCF Data Services to update and delete data and to handle multi-user concerns.
- Develop high performance, scalable ADO.NET applications that can query and update data.
- Explain how LINQ to SQL enables development against a logical model which abstracts the low-level details of querying ADO.NET tables and result sets.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information