Design thinking is an over-used phrase and has accumulated quite a bit of misinformation in recent years. However, the original concepts behind design thinking are immensely valuable in today’s organizations as we seek solutions to complex problems. Arising from early visual design and ideation practices, design thinking has evolved over time into both a philosophy for solving complex problems as well as a concrete methodology for designing and building solutions.
This design thinking course teaches you both. During this fast-paced workshop, you will experience a hands-on journey through the design thinking process. Led by an expert with deep experience leading teams who design and build solutions in real-world environments, you and your peers will collaborate to define problems and solve them using design thinking techniques. You will learn a straightforward process for problem definition, ideation, teaming, testing solutions and applying the process of solution building in your own organizational environment.
In this Design Thinking Course, You Will Learn:
- The components of design thinking
- How to define users and customers
- Distinguishing symptoms, problems, and root causes
- How to have repeatable “a-ha” moments
- How to define a future state for solution paths
- How to prototype rapidly
- Agile practices for iteration
- Keep human qualities at the center of the design
- Apply design thinking to non-traditional roles
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information