This 3-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to install and deploy Windows Server 2008 R2. This course also will teach you how to automate server deployment, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you to migrate existing services to Windows Server 2008 R2.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, and who hold an Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) credentialor Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credential (or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) credential) certification and/or equivalent knowledge. They also should be responsible for deploying Windows Server 2008 R2, including the R2 features that enable enhanced functionality of Windows 7 clients, must understand how to use the latest deployment tools and solution accelerators that were updated for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This course is intended for IT professionals experienced on the technologies that Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 R2 include, and who have a Windows Server 2003 or 2008 MCTS or MCITP (or MSCA/MCSE) certification or equivalent knowledge.
This course also is targeted at IT professionals who are responsible for planning and implementing the deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This audience uses graphical administration tools, command-line tools, Windows PowerShell, imaging tools, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Microsoft Solution Accelerators. These IT professionals conduct most server-deployment tasks in a deployment lab, and roll out monitored pilot deployments in a controlled fashion. They use a combination of low-touch and no-touch deployment processes and tools. This audience also deploys these servers from a centralized location, and validates remote server deployments and configurations using remote management tools and scripts.
What You’ll Learn:
- Describe Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 installation and configuration options, and select an appropriate volume-licensing option for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deploy and configure a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core installation.
- Implement various Windows Server deployment technologies.
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 (MDT 2010).
- Migrate earlier versions of Active Directory directory service to AD DS.
- Migrate file and print, and Web servers to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Migrate remote infrastructure servers to support branch offices.
- Virtualize workloads by migrating physical servers to guests in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information