This 5-day instructor-led course will teach introductory-level Web developers the fundamentals of Web application development and best practices for Microsoft Web development technologies, including ASP.NET 4.0, ASP.NET AJAX Extensions, and Silverlight. This course focuses on using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 development environment and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create a Web application that delivers dynamic content to a Web site.
This course is intended for introductory-level Web developers who have knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or Dynamic HTML (DHTML), along with some knowledge of a scripting language such as Visual Basic Scripting Edition or Microsoft JScript.
This course is also appropriate for Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or classic ASP developers who want to learn ASP.NET 4.0 and other Microsoft Web development technologies.
What You’ll Learn:
- Describe the key features of the Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET.
- Create a component by using Visual Basic or Visual C#.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form that contains server controls.
- Add functionality to server controls that are on an ASP.NET Web form.
- View runtime information about a Web application by using the Trace and Debug objects.
- Validate user input by using validation controls.
- Create and implement a user control.
- Access data by using Microsoft ADO.NET 4.0 and the built-in data access tools available in Visual Studio 2008.
- Accomplish complex data access tasks from an ASP.NET Web application.
- Access and manipulate data that was stored by using Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Create and extend an ASP.NET AJAX application.
- Create a Microsoft Silverlight-based application that delivers dynamic content.
- Call a Web service from an ASP.NET Web application and incorporate the returned data into a Web application.
- Store ASP.NET Web application and session data by using a variety of methods.
- Configure and deploy an ASP.NET Web application.
- Secure an ASP.NET Web application by using a variety of technologies, including authentication and authorization.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information