This business analysis training course is aligned to IIBA® Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®).
Delays, cancellations and defects in systems development projects stem in large part from our inability to understand project requirements and the environment in which they exist, as well as our inability to communicate those requirements clearly enough to enlist the collaboration and commitment of stakeholders. In Business Analyst Fundamentals, you will learn key communication skills, interaction techniques, and problem solving skills required to leverage your IT and business knowledge to effectively understand, document, and present the requirements that define a project’s scope. This indispensable course solidifies the foundations of business analysis and equips business analysts with the critical thinking, analytical skills, and necessary people skills to thrive in their roles and add measurable value to every project.
This two-day business analyst training course will give you hands-on experience with proven techniques for discovering, understanding, and documenting the business environment; understanding and depicting project scope; identifying, documenting, and confirming business objectives; modeling current and desired business processes; and communicating all of these expertly to colleagues, sponsors, and business customers. Lively lectures combined with insightful demonstrations and realistic practice exercises provide you with the competence and confidence to improve project outcomes through better project scope and business requirements definition.
- Definition of the Business Analyst profession
- Requirements from the business perspective
- How to bridge the communication gap between business stakeholders and technology solution providers
- How to clearly document and communicate the scope of your projects
- How to target your analysis and understand consequences of solutions
- Targeted questions to discover root causes, not just symptoms
- How to capture and verify business requirements
- How to negotiate with business stakeholders and developers
- Communication skills through hands-on practice
- Ways to organize and categorize project requirements
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information