Geared for scientists and engineers with potentially light practical programming background or experience, Applied Python for Data Scientists is a hands-on Python course that provides a ramp-up to using Python for scientific and mathematical computing. Students will explore basic Python scripting skills and concepts, and then move to the most important Python modules for working with data, from arrays, to statistics, to plotting results.
This 5-day course is about 50% hands-on lab to 50% lecture ratio, combining engaging instructor presentations, demonstrations and discussions with extensive machine-based student labs and practical project work. Throughout the course students will learn to write essential Python scripts and apply them within a scientific framework working with the latest technologies listed in the agenda. Although the course is introductory in nature, it will increase in complexity as more sophisticated skills and techniques are introduced. Students can rely on our highly experienced instructors to provide informed, relatable, ‘real-world’ answers to their questions.
Working within an engaging, hands-on learning environment, attendees will learn to use Python to:
- Create and run basic programs
- Design and code modules and classes
- Implement and run unit tests
- Use benchmarks and profiling to speed up programs
- Process XML and JSON
- Manipulate arrays with numpy
- Get a grasp of the diversity of subpackages that make up scipy
- Use iPython notebooks for ad hoc calculations, plots, and what-if?
- Manipulate images with PIL
- Solve equations with sympy
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information